Turmeric is such a perfect creation of Mother Nature: it has exceptional anti-inflammatory properties, dramatically boosts the antioxidant capacity of your organism, speeds up injury recovery and has been shown to improve brain functions and mood swings. The active principle of turmeric is called curcumin which is also the molecule that gives turmeric its brilliant yellow/orange color. Interestingly, curcumin loses its activity relatively quickly in the bloodstream through the action of enzymes present in the liver. The best natural way to increase absorption and bioavailability is by combining turmeric with a small amount of black pepper which contains a molecule called piperine (Bioperine®).
Here is a selection of pure curcumin supplements and the best organic turmeric powder tested and approved by the Wise In Motion team.
Pure curcumin capsules
1) Turmeric Curcumin Plus: best turmeric supplement on the market, only 3 ingredients, exceptional efficacy and worldwide shipping. You can also get Turmeric combined with Ginger for an extra boost of energy.
2) Another impressively effective turmeric supplement is by Vimerson Health, containing only the ingredients you need. Get it here!
On the market are other good quality turmeric capsules BUT be aware of what you get. The only ingredients you need are turmeric (curcumin) and piperine (Bioperine®). Magnesium stearate is sometimes added and is totally safe, just like cellulose, the material the capsules are made of. Stay away from supplements that contain other suspicious ingredients.
Turmeric is a wonderful spice you can use for cooking in so many different preparations. If you want to use turmeric the way it has been used for centuries or if you want to make turmeric capsules yourself, here is a selection of the best turmeric powders on the market:
- US and Canada: Jiva Organics is among the best producers of turmeric powder. They certify the absence of heavy metals which are relatively common and dangerous contaminants in low-quality turmeric products. You can find it here.
- UK and surrounding countries: get the best turmeric powder on Bulkpowder UK
- Italy: get it on Bulkpowders IT
Another fun and convenient way to enjoy the benefits of turmeric is to use a capsule machine to fill up the capsules yourself with the desired amount of turmeric and black pepper. The main advantages of using a capsule machine are the following:
– You know exactly what you put in them,
– You can decide how potent to make the capsules depending on how much black pepper you add;
– You save money (by making your own capsules you can save 50-80%)!
The only con is that making 100-200 capsules it takes about a hour but they last for a while depending on how many you use every day.
I recommend utilizing size #00 in which you can add about 0.5 g of turmeric powder. The turmeric/pepper ratio I usually use is 100:1 (100 g of turmeric + 1 g or half a teaspoon of ground black pepper). You can decide to change this ratio as you wish depending on the effects the mix has on you after you take one or two capsules a day before the meals for a few days.
A lot of capsule machines are badly-designed which makes the process of filling the capsules frustrating. To put your mind at ease, I tested a few and picked the right one for you.
You can get it here!
I like to use more environmentally-friendly vegeterian capsules. Here are the ones I recommend:
Please don’t hesitate to leave a comment and share your thoughts with the Wise In Motion team.
Live wise. Live In Motion.
The Wise In Motion team